The smart grid concept is introduced as a new paradigm shift toward integration and coordination of a large number of distributed energy resources (DERs), microgrids, electric vehicles (EVs), vehicle-to-grid (V2G), prosumers (producers + consumers), and energy markets along with traditional power grid network in order to build a sustainable society, at the same time, considering decarbonization of economy to address the climate change challenges. Consequently, while smart grid communications and computing technologies are undergoing a transformation to the digitalization and decentralized topology, figuring out efficient, reliable, and secure energy resources (e.g., EVs, loads, generations, storage) and transactions (e.g., buy, sell, consumption, generation, demands) management to empower the end users is a necessarily a challenging issue. In this context, blockchain, a decentralized ledger technology, has been emerged and showed its great potentiality in diverse application fields of smart grid ecosystem in recent years. Incorporation of blockchain along with advanced communications, control, and computing technologies might support to build trust and tract the resources and transactions, which can considerably address the research challenges of energy resources and transactions management. Nevertheless, the aim of this special section is to bring researchers and engineers together interested in the latest advancements in this research domain.
Topics include (but not limited to):
- Advanced communications and computing infrastructure for blockchain enabled smart grid
- Blockchain enabled distributed control system for smart distribution grids
- Blockchain for microgrid energy management, operations and control
- Metaverse for smart grid and power networks
- Integration of blockchain into distributed energy management system (DERMS)
- Integration of advanced control and computing technologies with blockchain
- Security and privacy enabled techniques for blockchain enabled energy management
- Authentical and authorization mechanisms for blockchain based V2G energy trading and management
- Game and contract theoretic incentives mechanisms for transactive energy management systems
- Game theoretic peer-to-peer energy trading and prosumer driven voltage regulation in connected communities
- Blockchain, energy management, and smart grid related proof of concepts and testbeds
Paper submission instruction:
Papers submitted to the special session still has to undergo the same standard review process as all other regular papers submitted to SmartGridComm 2022. If accepted, the papers will be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore. The paper format is identical to all other regular papers. Please see SGC2022.
10 June 2022 22 July 2022 AoE (Extended Deadline)
Notification of Acceptance:
12 August 2022 29 August 2022
9 September 2022 30 September 2022
Author Registration: 30 September 2022
Organizer 1: Jun ZHAO, School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Organizer 2: Mansoor Ali, Department of Electrical Engineering, École de Technologie Supérieure (ETS), Montreal, Canada.
Organizer 3: Muhammad Musthafa Roomi, Advanced Digital Sciences Center (ADSC), Illinois at Singapore Pte. Ltd., Singapore